Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well we had a very happy new year. Last night we went over to some friends house. There were 6 couples. Each of us had a child... Kyler being the oldest. Two still pregnant. We are so in a different time then we were a few years ago. The guys hung out down stairs playing cards and us girls set up stairs waiting for the ball to drop and gossiping. It was a good time. And would you believe... Kyler stayed up till MIDNIGHT!!! Guess he wanted to ring in the new year with the rest of us. I really kind of thought this would happen. He's not one being rocked to sleep and being in a strange place I didn't figure he would just lay down and go to sleep. He did really good.

Today was a nice family day. We got up and had breakfast... just cereal, nothing fancy as we were all pretty tired. Kyler woke up about 8:00am. Sheldon took him down stairs and I slept about 30 to 40 more minutes. About 10:30 Kyler was ready for a nap. He slept a while then we ate some lunch. We decided there wasn't much to do and we were board so we headed to St Joe. Nothing really to do but we wanted to go to Sam's. HUH!! We did a little shopping at Target of course and a few other places. Then discovered Sam's was closed. Can you believe that. Out of all the places we went today that is the last place I would have guessed would be closed. I mean its about the same as Walmart and they are open almost year round.
So anyway... Sheldon is going to start taking some classes at Hilyard Technical Center in a few weeks for work. We drove around and found that. He wanted to make sure he knew were he was going for his first day of school. Then we decided to get a bite to eat. We ate at the Olive Garden.. YUM! I had not ate there in so long. Kyler was really good and ate quite a bit of my pasta. He started yelling through when we were about ready to leave. He just likes to hear himself I think. I would put my finger in front of my mouth and say shhhh. Then he would do it. It was pretty funny.

Kyler has started saying a little more over the last couple days. Some of his new things he has said are uhh oh, shhh, diesel( don't laugh, I know its funny, Sheldon said it the other night while we were in the truck and then Kyler said it. It was to funny. He said it several times after that to when we ask him to. He don't usually say things when you tell him to but this he would. The guys last night nicknamed him diesel. Poor kid.) Back to what he has been saying. He also (a could days after Christmas) decided to start saying what Santa says... HoHoHo. Its really cute. He also said Mama some today. Oh and one more... today he was eating lunch and I said, "did you eat it all gone?" then he said "all gone". Wow I can' t believe he says all that now. Also if I have not told you over the Christmas holiday he said "that's stupid" and Dinosaur. I know... can't say MaMa but he can say dinosaur. Crazy kid.

Well I'm still tired from last night and I have to work in the morning... better get to bed.
Tata for now.
Christy

1 comment:

Theresa Schmitz said...

I knew he would start saying alot of words and David keeps saying that it won't be long and we will be telling him to BE QUIET!!!! HEHEHEHE
See you in the morning! Love you to the Moon and Back! Aunt Sashy