Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick little boy

Well I stayed home with Kyler today because he has had a really high temp. I got a call yesterday that his temp was 103 when he got up from his nap. So I picked him up and he was filling a little better since he had some Tylenol but as soon as that wears off his temp goes back up. It has been between 100 and 103 all evening and all morning today. He did sleep through the night which was good. But when we got up this morning his temp was back up to 102.7... yikes. I think he is one of those kids who anytime they get a fever it is really high. My mom said that is how I was.

We went to the dr this morning. They tested him for influenza but that was negative thank goodness. He did not like them sticking that think up his noes let me tell ya... but I don't blame him. Doc just thinks is a little viral mixed with teething. Just keep up the Tylenol and Motrin. Kyler has so many teeth now I can't keep them strait. He is starting on some farther in the back which I think is causing so trouble. Poor little guy. I feel so sorry for him when his temp gets up there. His little cheeks are red and he just wants to lay there and rock. He has still been drinking his juice which is good but not eating a whole lot.... he don't eat much sometimes anyway though. I will keep you posted on how the weekend goes. If he is not better by Monday we will be going back to the doctor.

Have a good weekend!!

2 comments:

Theresa Schmitz said...

KYLER, Get better fast, I miss you!
Have a great weekend, & i hope to see you Monday if not before.
Love you to the Moon and Back!
Aunt Sashy

My Three Sons said...

Well I'm dealing with the older boys being sick. We are actually being tested for mono.

I always hate it when my boys are sick and we just can't make them all better as fast as want them to be.

I'll be sending prayers your way that he starts feeling better real soon.