Saturday, January 24, 2009

Still sick

Well yesterday afternoon I thought he was getting better since he woke up from his nap with only 101 temp and had not have medicine for 5 1/2 hours. But the the sun went down and he suddenly didn't feel very well. I had to go to a basketball game for work so Daddy was on duty. He gave him his tylenol and put him to bed just fine. Then we I got home and we got ready to go to bed we went in to check on him. I accidently woke him up but thank goodness. I felt him when I picked him up and he was burning up. We got the Motrin and a drink of juice. I took him temp and it was like 103. Sheldon had taken his temp with the thermometer and his was only like 96. So we were scared his might actually by higher. We went and found another themometer we had from before his days. It read 103.9. WOW!!! SO I started panicking and striped him down to his diaper. We came down stairs and got a wet wash cloth and rubbed him down with that... he tolerated it better then i expected. So I took his temp again after about 20 minutes. It was only down to 103.6. So I thought we should put him in the bath. His little cheeks were so red and he was just setting there on my lap. I ask him all excited like if he wanted to take a bath because he loves baths. But he just looked at me with those sad little eys and red cheeks and shook his head no no. So I thought I would wait a little bit longer and take it again... it started comeing down. It was now 102.9. So after about an hour of rubbing his head with a cool wash cloth and being naked we finally go it down to 100.6. I put his jammies back on and was goign to try to get him to lay down. By this time he felt way better and was up playing. Little stinker. So back to bed we went. He went back to bed really good. I set my alarm to wake up in 4 hours and check on him... but he didn't fell warm so I didn't wake him up.



This morning however when he got up it was back up to 103!!! More Tylenol and hes a band new boy again. He is playing and having fun. But I'm sure it will go back up when that wears off. To make matters worse I think I am getting something. I have a stuffy noes and little head ach.

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

Poor baby. I hope that what ever it is, it goes away for good. We tested my oldest yesterday for mono but my doctor said there were a lot of viral infections going around and they were lingering for days. So maybe he just picked up ta viral infection?

Sending prayers your way that Kyler gets better soon.

Theresa Schmitz said...

Gosh darn it!!!! I sure hope him and you get to feeling better soon. Tiff is on her way here and she went to Dr. today and they tested her for strep but it came back negative, the Dr. was shocked as she said her throat looked terrible. Remember last winter when you and I had it and it was a terrible sore throat, I think that is what she has and I will give her that spray you got for us and hopefully she will get better soon! Bryce is on his way here with her now, you know MOM can fix anything, HAHAHA I will call you tomorrow if you need something let me know! Love you to the MOON and BACK!!!!!!!!!! Aunt Sashy