Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My new slide show

Ok... I have finally mastered the slide show... well not mastered by any means. But after staying up till about 10:00 last night and a little finagling this morning I got it on here. I wanted to have it on the side and a little smaller but I'm not that smart. So it big and has to be at the top or bottom. So I have put it on the top for now. It may get moved to the bottom after everyone gets a chance to look at it. These are picture of Kyler while he was in the hospital. Kyler was born April 13th, 2007.

I was admitted to St Francis that Wednesday before due to my swelling and blood pressure being so high. I spent the night there and then the next morning during a non- stress test they found that Kyler's heart rate would keep dropping. That is when they decided to transport me to St Luke's in Kansas City. I left Maryville around 1:00 pm. I got to KC around 3 or so... i can't really remember the time as it all started running together. They did some test on me and kept and eye on Kyler also. With my blood pressure so high and Kyler's heart rate still periodical dropping they decided to do an emergency c-section. I remember the dr coming in to give me the options and we decided to do the c-section. I ask how long it would be since we had family out of town who were planning on coming the next morning. Dad and Nancy were on there way but I was not sure when they would be there either. The dr said when we get the OR ready... 20-30 min. WOW. It all happened so fast. He ended up being born on Friday the 13th at 9:56 pm.

I love St Luke's. I did not have to stay in recovery. They brought me strait back to my room so I could be with my family. A couple hours later they wheeled my big ole bed in the NICU to see Kyler. I had only got to see him for just a few seconds before they took him out of the OR. He was so tiny yet so perfect. He came out crying which was a good sign. For those of you who know ABGAR scores. He was a 8 and 9. WOW. He was 9 weeks early, born at 31 weeks 1 day. He weighed in at 2lbs 8 oz and was 15 1/2 inches long.

We spent the next 5 weeks in the NICU. He was on a ventilator for one hour the night he was born but they decided he didn't need it after all and took it off. He had some jaundice and got to be in the blue spot light for a few days. He was also on a C-pap for couple days. This is the thing in his noes in some of the pictures. This just blew air in his noes to help keep the lungs inflated good. Other then that it was just growing and learning to eat. Now that was the challenge. But he came home on May 21st weighting 4 lbs 2 oz.

What an amazing little boy!

No comments: