Sunday, June 7, 2009

Big boy bed

Hello everyone!!! I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted on here!! Where does the time go?? Work has been so crazy lately that when I get home I am in no mood to get on the computer. So I have been trying to trying to get some new pictures on the computer to post but I just haven't found the time. SO I decided to post anyway. That is much easier!!

Kyler got a new big boy bed today!!! I have been debating and debating on getting a toddler bed or just moving him into a twin bed. Well our bedrooms upstairs are so small that if you even have a twin bed in there you don't have much room to work with. So I have a great idea to have Sheldon build a half loft bed so we can store stuff under it.... but when will that get done???

Well today I was fixing Kylers lunch and we were playing. I would chase him in the other room and get him down and tickle him till he couldn't hardly breath. He kept running in the kitchen saying "Mommy tickle me." Well I chased him in the dinning room and he run up the stairs and said "hide." So I just let him go and was doing to make his plate then go get him. Well I heard him yell Mommy a couple times but I just hollered up and told him to come down.. but he didn't. So went up to get him. When I got the the top of the stairs I could kind of hear him crying. So I went in his room.... he had somehow crawled into his crib and could not get out!!! He has never tried to climb our and I know he could if he tried... but I would never had dreamed he would climb IN it!!

So after that we decided he should probably have a toddler bed. I ask him if he wanted a big boy bed and he said No. Then I said you are a big boy aren't you? I ask him are you a big boy or a baby... he said baby! I don't think he really knew what I was asking or what he was saying through. We found one at Walmart today that matched his bedroom furniture PERFECT!!! So the next question is Will he sleep in it??

So tonight we went up and rocked a little while he drank his sippy cup of milk. I ask him a couple times if he was ready to get in bed and he said no. Then his milk was all gone and he said "bed?" So I gave him kisses and put him in bed. Covered him up and went back down stairs. I decided I would go check on him about 15 min later and he was sound asleep!!! He really is a good boy!!!

Other then that nothing new happening around here. The potty training isn't going as good as I would like. Although we have not done to much with it. He now thinks he want to pee pee like daddy... standing up!! Its kind of funny though because he has his little step by the toilet and he Will run in there and say pee pee like daddy. He will pull his pants down by himself and take his diaper off!!! Yes it's about time to get this potty thing taken care of!! Well tonight he ran in there and I heard him take his diaper off so I just thought i would give him a minute and then go check on him... well just about the time I was going to go in there we heard a big bang. Then he started crying. Sheldon and I both ran in there... i don't know what he had done but I think he fell off his step. He got a Little bloody lip... I hope that don't scare him away from it. Now I say he wants to pee pee like daddy standing up but.... he had never peed standing up YET. SO i don't know if he is going to get the hang of it or not? The bad thing is he won't pee standing up and know he wont set down. If you do get him to set down you have to hold him on there... he wont use his seat insert that he has always used? I guess its just not he cool thing to do these days.

Well I suppose I better get to bed. Sheldon just hollered in her and said Kyler was up, he could hear him talking??? SO we will see how the night goes!!!

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Yea for the toddler bed. I'm been trying to take Carson's crib down, it turns into a daybed.

Good luck with the potty training. I'm really starting to get more aggressive with Carson now that summer is here.