Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm back... or so i say!


Ok... it has been forever and a day since I last posted. I have not posted since the twins were born... and they are 6 months old now! I really want to try to keep up on this because you thought my memory and mind was bad with one kid... you should see me now! I want to be able to keep track of funny,cute stories of the kids and mark milestones on here. So I'M BACK!




I have a lot to catch up on! On Oct 5th, 2011 I delivered our twins Wyatt Grant and Rylee Mae. It was a scheduled C-Section. We were on the schedule for 10am which was perfect time because that meant we had to be there at 8am... leave the house around 6am. They were delivered at St Luke's downtown Kansas City... same place as Kyler. And we even scheduled it so we had the same Dr to do the c section. I LOVE DR LU!! We got down there and got in our room, which was the "recovery" room that I would be returning to after the babies were born. I got in my gown and got all hooked up to the monitors.
Then the waiting game began. Its not really fun to be setting in a small room thinking about what is about to happen in just a couple hours! But here came Dr Lu and proposed we get on the horn and go early! I was all for it. So it looked like we might get to deliver more like 9am instead. I guess he had another mother in there trying to deliver twins naturally and he thought maybe he could get me in and out before she got too far into it. Well that was his hopes but it didn't turn out that way. Her babies started showing signs of distress so low and behold she got my spot in the OR and we were on the back burner. But that was fine... our babies were just fine and dandy where they were so that was a good thing. I was thankful my Aunt had made it down and that they actually let them all 3 back in the room with us to help pass the time as we did not go in until like 1:30pm or so! Needless to say I was starving! The other crazy thing was had I not been on the schedule that day I think they babies had made up their minds that they wanted their birthday to be 10-5-10 one way or another. With all the waiting(and maybe due to a little stress on mama) the contractions started and did not not let up! They actually got to a pretty regular pattern of about every 10 min and were actually starting to be fairly uncomfortable!



So Wyatt Grant(baby A) was born first then Rylee Mae just before 2pm. See... I am so glad I am doing this because I can't even remember what times they were... AND THAT IS NOT ME! I can still tell you Kyler was born at 10:56pm... but something 6 months ago... poof... gone! So anyway... Wyatt was born then Rylee. Wyatt weighed 5lb 13oz and Rylee weighed 5lb 11oz. They took them over to their little beds and checked them out. Both were doing great. The nurses checked them out, swaddled them up and handed both to Sheldon. He brought them over to me and we looked them over and all... then he was like my arms are getting tired. I told him to go give one back to the nurse... THEY WERE GONE! So he just kept them both while they finished up my c section. It was kind of strange and foreign to us after our experience with Kyler! I still think we have more people in the OR with Kyler then we did with two babies this time! But i guess that is to be expected in that situation.


Then we were off to our room for recovery..


To be continued...

No comments: