Monday, April 12, 2010

Dr appointment

I decided for my own good and for all my followers I need to try to keep up with this blog with Dr appointment info and day to day happenings with the newest additions to our family.



I had a dr appointment last Friday 4/9/10. Saturday I was 12 weeks so I was very excited for this appointment. Get to see them again and know everything was OK. And everything looked just fine. My sister went with me since I was going to stay the night in KC so Sheldon didn't come down with me . I wish he would have been there because the ultrasound was way better as they are getting bigger and really looked like babies now. They were jumping all around! The ultrasound machine they used was just a little portable one that they had in the exam room. So no measurements or anything... just eye balled it. She said they were very close to the same size, and their bodies were proportionate. At this stage she said their heads are about the same size as their bodies... they look like little gummy bears! They didn't take any pictures but there was a couple good profile shots where we could see their little face, and then one good head on shot of the face which is kind of scary at this point... kind of looks like a skeleton. Then one shot of one of their faces and they had their little arm up by there face...to cute even though they look like aliens!


I have been feeling much better... not 100% yet but getting there. I will be good one day then not so good the next. This morning I was kind of gaggy but got over that pretty quick. So that is a good thing.

We will actually get to see the little gummy bears again Wednesday! We decided to do the 1st trimester screening for chromosomal abnormalities. The dr said it is a non evasive test so there is not risk and it just gives them a better idea if they need to look for any abnormalities or do any further testing. It is a pretty routine test that a lot of people do and it is just an optional test to do. The only thing that made me question doing it is there is a chance of them telling us there is something wrong when there really isn't. But if that is the case they will just do more test and try to determine if there truly is a problem or if it comes back OK then that is just one more thing not to worry about. I guess though really this "screening" don't tell you if there is or is not something wrong... it just tells you if there is a higher risk of something? Like if you have a 1 in 40 chance or a 1 in 4,000 chance. So even if it comes back with a 1 in 40 chance... odds are (39 out of 40) everything is still OK. To do this test they will do blood work and then we will have another ultrasound. With the ultrasound they will measure the back of the babies necks. Then the blood work test and ultrasound results is all put in some equation to calculate the likely hood of a defect.


So say a little prayer for us on Wednesday and i will keep you posted on how that goes... might even have some pictures to post after this ultrasound!


On another note TODAY is Kyler's 3rd Birthday!!! I can' t believe it! We had a party for him in KV over Easter weekend but will have Sheldon's family over for supper and cupcakes and maybe ice cream tonight. I hope to get some Birthday pictures on here soon to.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLER!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kyler! Enjoy your cupcakes and ice cream. Wish we could be there!
PaPa & Grandma Nancy