Sunday, October 11, 2009

Someone forgot to tell him...

Well we have a sick boy again... but someone forgot to tell him!!! He has been fighting a runny noes for about a week now but started a cough on Friday morning. I just kind of thought it was from the drainage but when he was still coughing Friday night I was a little worried as we were going into the weekend. But he acted just fine playing and laughing and no fever so I thought well we will just see. Then Saturday he was still coughing some but still not to bad and still no fever. He also ate like no other Saturday so I just thought well we will see Monday how he is and call the Dr. He got down late for his name and when he woke up he was very crabby, coughing even more and saying it hurt. But still no temp. I also started noticing a little bit of a wheeze... that I did not like. That to me meant it was working it's way to the lungs and that is not good! So I debated on the Urgent Care Clinic in St Joe but was not sure what time they closed. Waited it out till this morning and still not any better. So Theresa(aka Sashy) the lovely babysitter lady I have went with us to St Joe this morning to check out this Urgent-take a number clinic they have down there. We checked in and they warned us it would be like an hour to an hour and a half wait... (sigh) OK!! What else could we do. I felt like I was setting in a big bubble with all kinds of infection around me!!! YUCK... where is the hand sanitizer!!?!?!? SO... after our hour and a half wait with some coughing kids and some screaming kids we got in. They said he has an ear infection in one ear...surprising to me as he had no signs of an ear infection! And we get to do lovely nebulizer breathing treatments. She said it was most likely just a bad cold that was working on his upper respiratory area. So then we decided we better hit up the Walgreens there since we were not sure what pharmacy would be open in Maryville... yep another 30 minute wait. But all in all Kyler was a very very good boy for being sick and we made it home with just a few tear shed. He was so tired on the way home he just kept rubbing his eyes. But would you believe when we got home he was like wired!!! I went upstairs with him and we laid down for like 30 minuets and I don't think he shut up once! So not that great of a weekend I guess...

and WHAT THE HECK...SNOW!!! I thought it was still October? Guess maybe I will be a snow man for Halloween? I just keep counting down the days till I get to set out on the beach in Florida!! Can't wait for that... we leave Friday Oct 23rd.

Well better get the munchkin calmed down so we can do bath and another breathing treatment... he does them pretty well if you can keep him set still that long!!

Good Night!

No comments: